Self-leadership puts together taking responsibility for our outcomes, setting direction for our lives, and having tools to manage priorities. Self-leaders work at all levels of an organization. They are front-line workers in every possible role, middle managers, and CEOs. Self-leaders like Walt Disney and Wayne Gretzky worked hard to achieve their dreams without using the term self-leadership. However, they have clearly demonstrated that being in control of their behavior and results, focus, practice, and learning were necessary to achieve their goals.
Self-leadership requires a commitment from individuals to decide what they want from life and to do what’s necessary to get the results they want. This one-day workshop will help participants internalize the four pillars of self-leadership and to make meaningful, empowered choices while taking action to get where they want to go.
What Will Students Learn ?
- Define self-leadership and what it means on an individual level
- Assume responsibility for their results by understanding who they are, what they want, and how to reach they goals
- Describe the four pillars of self-leadership
- Use techniques related to adjusting to change, cultivating optimism, and developing good habits to build self-leadership
What Topics are Covered ?
- What is self-leadership?
- Knowing who you are
- Change management
- Knowing what you do
- Motivation for optimists
- Using what you know
What’s Included ?
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion