How can you facilitate, rather than control, group decision-making and team interaction? With no formal training, people may find it difficult to make the transition from instructors or managers to facilitators. This two-day workshop has been created to make core facilitation skills better understood and readily available for your organization. It represents materials and ideas that have been tested and refined over twenty years of active facilitation in all types of settings.
What Will Students Learn ?
- How to distinguish facilitation from instruction and training
- How to identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation
- The difference between content and process
- The stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage
- Common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive
What Topics are Covered ?
- Defining your role and how facilitators work
- Establishing ground rules
- Content and process
- Types of thinking
- Dealing with controversial issues and divergent perspectives
- Communication skills
- Listening for common ground
- Common facilitation techniques
- Giving effective feedback
- The language of facilitation
- Dealing with difficult dynamics
- Building sustainable agreements
- Stages of team development
- Analysis tools
What’s Included ?
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion