For managers in today’s business world, it’s essential to have a working knowledge of finance. We all play a role in our organization’s financial health, whether we realize it or not. If you don’t have training or a background in finance, you may be at a disadvantage as you sit around the management table. Understanding the cycle of finance will help you figure out where you fit into your company’s financial structure, and how to keep your department out of the red. This two-day workshop will help you prepare budgets and make decisions with confidence.
Participants should complete the Accounting Skills for New Supervisors course before this workshop or have equivalent knowledge.
What Will Students Learn ?
- Define basic financial terminology
- Prepare a budget of any type or size
- Get your budget approved
- Perform basic ratio analysis
- Make better financial decisions
What Topics are Covered ?
- The fundamentals of finance
- The basics of budgeting and parts of a budget
- The budgeting process
- Budgeting tips and tricks
- Monitoring and managing budgets
- Crunching the numbers
- Getting your budget approved
- Comparing investment opportunities
- ISO 9001:2008
- In-depth case studies and analysis opportunities
What’s Included ?
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion