Learners working towards this standard will be learning towards the full qualification, or will be working within a SMME (Small, Medium, Micro Enterprise) environment, specialising in New Venture Ownership and Management, where the acquisition of competence against this standard will add value to one’s job. This standard will also add value to entrepreneurs who are seeking to develop their entrepreneurial skills so that they can become more marketable for bigger contracts, including commercial and public sector contracts, for example the Department of Public Works programmes.
- Describe and discuss entrepreneurship
- Identify own entrepreneurial strengths and weaknesses in relation to opportunity identified
- Identify the characteristics of a typical entrepreneur
- Identify entrepreneurial opportunities in own context
- Compile entrepreneurial goals and personal growth plan